Aug 8, 2015

Birchbox Limited Editions


Since I couldn't wait for my first Birchbox subscription box to arrive, I splurged and ordered two exclusive kits that were offered via the Birchbox website this week. There is a special if you order both of these kits you get $5.00 off, which essentially pays for the shipping (*USA), so my order total was $33.00.




Included in this box:

Burt’s Bees® Lip Crayon in Sedona Sands – Full size ($6.39 on Amazon) - I absolutely love this type of lipstick, where it is an actual stick and not the old school sloppy kind. This was the first thing I opened and tried right away. Really nice smooth color.

Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths – 10-Pack (travel size, about $4.39 on Amazon)-Cetaphil is the first choice for sensitive and dry skin in my house.

LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask – Sample size, 20ml-Say what? LOL It turns out it is a cream you leave on overnight, to use once or twice a week, and reviews say it goes a long way to hydrate skin.

Olay™ Regenerist Luminous Dark Circle Correcting HydraSwirl™ Eye Cream – Full size, about $20 on Amazon- Olay is a good brand when you are trying not to break the bank. I've used several of their products and this product is formulated for dark circles, but it also states it is supposed to help with fine lines which is my problem. It's a really pretty pump dispenser and it does go on smooth, but will have to wear it sparingly as there seems to be reviewers who have developed reactions! Update: ME TOO! Stay away from this crap!!!

Rimmel Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves – Full size-$5- I've bought Rimmel products from the drugstore before, and I do like their mascara. What's cool about this is the broken heart brush!
< ---It's got a neat curve to it!

Simple® Skincare Ultra-Light Gel Moisturizer – Full size, about $9, from the sensitive skin experts this restores, softens and smooths skin with multi-vitamins. It's got another pump feature and it comes out like a lightweight gel, and glides on. I wouldn't say it is truly ultra light, unless you use a lot less than I did!



Included in this box:

Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Push-Up Liner – Sample size-This liner is perfect for those who can pull off that thick heavy dramatically lined look.

COOLA® SPF 50 Sport - Mango - Sample size- a sunscreen/moisturizer combo that will be great for skimming the pool and reading outside, watering the plants, etc.

Fekkai Hair Fragrance Mist - Crème Vanillée – Travel size, $5- I did try this out already and the mist does fade after a few hours but still a neat idea especially if you are around smokers etc.

GLAMGLOW POWERMUD™ Dualcleanse Treatment – Sample size

GLAMGLOW THIRSTYMUD™ Hydrating Treatment – Deluxe sample size - This is expensive stuff for full size! I should save it to try it out for my dry skin during the winter.

Marula Pure Marula Facial Oil – Sample size- I have a Tarte Maracuja oil and I really don't get what the fuss is about but there are some folks who really think it's awesome. But 50ml of this stuff is $78.00. Liquid gold! I will pay a little more attention to it and use it also on my neck and decolletage which tends to be forgotten about.

NUDESTIX Lip + Cheek Pencil – Full size (shades will vary, I got Blush)- $24 when it comes with a case and sharpener, which I will need to find one for this when the time comes. I tested it and it does glide on smooth and has staying power as it's not too creamy, but I hate that whole 'wooden pencil' smell while applying it. I haven't gotten good at anything other than powder blushes, I need a good blender sponge for when I want to try out different cheek options. The theory behind this line is "natural" and barely there look, which I can relate to.


Really amazing shipping speed considering it was standard as I ordered this on August 4th and it was shipped via USPS Priority mail and arrived promptly on August 7th. I've ordered from places where shipping is more than the $5.00 and they don't offer tracking like they do either.

Even though this product isn't the monthly subscription box, I am already won over by Birchbox. Some of these items I certainly did not NEED, but this is all about trying new things and seeing what will help me age gracefully instead of just getting old!

If you want to join Birchbox, please use my referral link here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?