Sep 19, 2015

September Unboxing of Birchbox, boxycharm, and ipsy glam bag

Sweetie with September's Boxycharm and ipsy 
I have all three of my subscription boxes to reveal in one post at one time for the month of September. I am pleasantly surprised that I didn't feel the need to track down the packages as they all arrived in a timely manner.

A little side note to add is that I am dealing with a reaction from previous makeup/lotions/something in my eye area which I think could have originated from the Olay Regenerist serum from a limited edition box I bought last month. Right now my skin is dry, irritated and peeling as if I burned it and it has been going on for over a week. I threw out the Olay serum. The under eye area is so sensitive, but the fact that it appears to have affected under my brow as well, I do not know what to think at this point. Mascara? Or could it be that the variety of new things I have been trying is aggravating the situation? But it really is focused on the one area so I don't think I can attribute it to any foundations, powders, face lotions. The under eye specific product would be the eye makeup or Olay serum.

Because of this irritation, I am much more interested in more natural and organic ingredients in products and it would be nice to find a facial product with healing qualities!

Onwards to the boxes!
September Birchbox
The first box to arrive was Birchbox. If you want to join Birchbox, please use my referral link here

Included in this box:
Dear Clark Volumizing Tonic- 'Because everything is big in Texas'. Marketed to men?

ModelCo Ultra Long-Lasting Lipstick - A bright red lipstick to give to my hip daughter.

dr. brandt® pores no more® cleanser - This was a selection that I was able to choose to be part of my box. I would enjoy a product that will minimize my pores, and I have a lot of different brands tailored to this need. I have not found anything that I can recommend yet, I am using this sparingly however.

Harvey Prince Hello A tiny perfume sample but it does smell fresh and pretty, though not something I would purchase.

Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel The trend of brow focus continues. I have minimal brows and never in my forty plus years have I even thought about them. I guess I can start worrying about them now, joy.

The product I wanted was the Dr. Brandt. A small sample as usual, but for the $10 for the box as a whole is worth it. When the products are all samples, it is truly a vague estimate to put a value on it. I view samples as things that are given away for free as promotions, so technically freebies.


September Boxycharm
The Boxycharm arrived next, and this is the subscription that costs twice as much as the others. The reason is because you don't get the teeny samples. The product is full sized and actually gives you something to work with.
The product in September's Boxycharm that I was happy to try first was the Hydromilk lotion, since my skin has been through a lot lately.
The Previse Skincare HydroMilk Hydrating Lotion is valued at $48.00 alone. You need to emulsify this within your palms first though, and I forget to do that first. Tried it for a few days and it hasn't fixed anything as far as my irritated skin goes.
Vasanti Professional Foundation Brush $32 - I finally can throw away my old Estee Lauder brush!
tarte SmolderEyes Amazonian Clay Waterproof liner $22 - something I will definitely use, the tarte brand is a great one to own.
Chella Eyebrow defining gel- $22- my poor eyebrows need defining I suppose. 'Use sparingly'.
Scratch Nail Wraps, in the Lacework pattern for $12 - Very intrigued about these, they came with the little stick needed to smooth on the wraps, along with a file. Already an improvement over jamberry: cheaper, and no heat required!

And a bonus for this box was the Kardashian Beauty Black Seed Dry Oil in a travel size, to provide glorious shiny hair.


September ipsy
And finally the September ipsy glambag. Hooray for no crazy lipstick hues! ipsy is all about samples, so again, no true estimate of a dollar value for the following products, except for perhaps the eye pencil.

Pixi by Petra Brow Powder Trio - cute little talc brow powder.
Acure Brightening Facial Scrub - Use three times a week, so it's something I assume would exfoliate. It states it is Vegan, which is great, sulfate free, gluten free etc.
NAOBAY Natural & OrganicOxygenating Moisturizing Cream - protects, and moisturizes! The first ingredient is water and then tons of things I can't spell or pronounce. There is alcohol as well, so I'm not going to go nuts with applying, though it does have organic plant extracts.
NYX Cosmeticsipsy Eye Shadow Trio - Cute little fall colors eyeshadow, to go with..
J. Cat Beauty#MOTD Waterproof Slide on Pencil for Eyes in Bronze - very bronze at first glance, but it doesn't go on thick and bright. Definitely more of a highlighting type pencil.

Here is my ipsy referral link. So far I still  haven't really figured out what to do with the actual bags, but ipsy is doing well with providing different makeup things to try. A good value so far.

With special thanks to Sweetie the cat for helping to model my samples.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?